By Misty I.
May 6, 2020
My MIL gifted us with a few pieces of what she called “coffee cake.” I adore desserts like this, a sleeper. I did not expect this cake to be so delicious, like D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! It’s the sour cream. The pic above shows the streusel on the top, but it should actually be in the middle, still good either way!
My MIL’s Coffee Cake
- 2 blocks butter, salted
- 2 C. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 C. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ C. sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Nuts – optional, she doesn’t use
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake ingredients.
- Pour half of cake batter into a lightly greased 9”x13” pan.
- Add all of the streusel topping to the batter in the pan.
- Pour remaining cake batter onto streusel in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center tests for doneness.
- Note: her original recipe called for something called “oleo” that she replaced with butter.
That’s it, only easy!