By Misty I.
July 1, 2020
Need a recipe for the upcoming Independence Day holiday weekend? How about shish kabobs? They take a little time to prep but it will be a delicious addition to your hibachi lineup!
- 3-4 lbs. chuck eye steak, cut into ¾” cubes
- 2-3 bell peppers, assorted colors cut to ¾”
- 2 Maui onions, cut to ¾”
- 2 trays fresh mushrooms, white or cremini
- 50 (8” in length) bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 2 hours prior to skewering)
Steak marinade ingredients:
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅓ C. oil
- ½ C. shoyu (I ran out of Club brand, Aloha will do)
- ¼ C. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ C. red wine vinegar (this ingredient matters, please use it)
- 2 tsp. dry Coleman mustard (this ingredient matters too!)
- 2 tsp. sugar (heaping)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Mix the steak marinade.
- Soak the steak chunks for 2-6 hours. (I soaked about 3 ½ lbs for 6 hours.)
- Soak the bamboo skewers 2 hours before skewering.
- Prep other veggies.
- Alternate the ingredients on the skewers.
- Add more salt and pepper to assembled kabobs if desired.
- Cook on hibachi grill.
That’s it, only easy!