By Misty I.
October 7, 2020
I’m pretty shocked that it has taken me this long to write a post about Doritos salad. Haha…if you’re not sure if the word “Doritos” should come before the word “Salad” the answer is “y-e-s!”
This salad is served at many concessions at sporting events in Hawai’i and a little boat of it with $0.20 worth of iceberg lettuce sells for $4!
If you’ve had Doritos Salad you know it’s really all about the dressing. Once you see how easy the dressing is to make I hope you’ll try making it yourself, very budget friendly.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (I used red lettuce from my Hawaii Eco farm box!)
- crushed Doritos
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped Tomatoes (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
½ C. sugar
¼ C. apple cider vinegar
1 C. mayonnaise
The Order of Operations:
- Add the dressing ingredients in a mason jar, seal and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Wash and cut and prep your produce.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and top with cheese and CRUSHED DORITOS!
That’s it, only easy!