By Misty I.
December 30, 2020
Need a quick and easy dish for your small NYE family celebration? Perhaps you’d like to make this as it’s simple and ‘ono!
Shrimp Scampi (adapted from Damndelicious.net)
- 1 lb. linguine or fettuccine, cooked al dente
- 2 lbs. shrimp (size 21-25, shelled and deveined)
- 4 T. olive oil
- ½ C. butter, salted
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch of chives (parsley is used in original recipe)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ C. freshly grated real Parmesan (or more)
- salt, pepper and red chili flakes to taste
The Order of Operations
- Rinse the shrimp and set aside.
- Boil the pasta for about 7 minutes in heavily salted water, drain.
- In a large sauté pan, add the garlic, butter and oil and sauté for a minute.
- Add the shrimp and sauté in butter-garlic mixture for 1-2 minutes until pink.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss. Add the lemon juice, zest, Parmesan and chives. Adjust seasonings as needed. I like to add a little more butter at the end too.
That’s it, only easy! Happy Hilodays!