By Misty I.
January 6, 2021
Happy New Year! During this time of year I’m usually completely psyched about my goals and upcoming plans. Um yeah, but this year I just feel tired. I’ll stop there. When it’s time to decide what to make for dinner I just want something quick and easy.
I had five pounds of chicken thighs and decided that shoyu chicken would be easy enough. I found a recipe on foodland.com that can be found here and went with it. My family enjoyed it and I will make it again.
Almost Foodland’s Shoyu Chicken
- 5 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs, defrosted
- 2 cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ C. Club shoyu
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 7 cloves of garlic, smashed
The Order of Operations:
- Add the chicken broth, shoyu, sugar and garlic to a 5 quart dutch oven.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer slowly for 40- 45 minutes.
My family didn’t mind that I didn’t thicken the sauce or add green onions like the Foodland recipe calls for.
That’s it, only easy!