Master Sommelier Patrick Okubo came back to Hilo recently. Ryan from Kadota Liquor coordinated a wine pairing dinner catered by Mitsuru Igarashi from Takenoko Restaurant in Hilo.
We gathered at a friend’s house that was decorated beautifully for the holidays.
Patrick paired some wine and sake with our sushi and other delicious bites.
We enjoyed the following tastes with our sushi, steak, and smoked meat.
- Ayala Blanc de Blancs 2007
- Chateau La Freynelle Bordeaux Blanc
- Yuki no Bosha Junmai Ginjo Sake
- Dewatsuru Sakura Emaki Rose Sake
- Red Car Rose of Pinot Noir
- Saint Cosme Crozes-Hermitage
- Resonance Pinot Noir Willamette Valley
- Kuleto Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
We even had room for a slice of Living Hilo Style blogger Misty I.’s delicious homemade rum cake for dessert.The salmon chazuke was the perfect end to an evening of rich food and drink.Living Hilo Style!