From my garden, I get to share wing beans, okra, papayas, shishito peppers, cucumbers, green onions, and soon snow peas with my friends.
Over the course of the fall/winter, I also got lots of starfruit from Grace and tangerines from Bobby and these were shared not just me but also my friends, neighbors, students, and coworkers.
In addition, I was blessed with:
- araimo, kabocha, bittermelon, and Okinawan tangerines from Neil.
- lemons, starfruits, and eggs from Grace.
- carrots, radishes, basil, and sweet potato greens from Lisa.
- jabon and grapefruit from Wane.
- kabocha from Brian.
- avocado from Marjorie and Andrey.
- yuzu from Garet.
- tangelo, calamansi, longan, and lemons from Kerri.
It is so awesome to be able to eat produce locally grown and harvested with love. Anyone want green papaya and kalamungay? Living Hilo Style.