By Misty I.
March 12, 2020
I recently saw crab rangoons being made on the Food Network. Since then I’ve been “‘ono for” (craving) crab wonton. I finally made it last weekend as a pūpū for Sunday dinner. Here is my super basic recipe. I serve it with sweet chili sauce. I know my kids really like something I make when they say it’s “not bad”, crab wonton always gets the “not bad” seal of approval.
- 1 package Amano imitation crab, chopped fine
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Original Philly Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped including white portion
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 pkg. wonton pi
- Oil for frying
- Combine the chopped green onion and imitation crab with the softened cream cheese. Add the Worcestershire sauce and mayo to moisten. Add garlic powder.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the crab filling on a wonton pi wrapper. Moisten the edges and fold into a triangle. Press edges together to seal.
- Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Jesse especially loves when I fry the leftover wonton pi strips and roll it in cinnamon sugar for him!
That’s it, only easy!