By Misty I.
October 28, 2020
Need a quick and easy side dish? Tsukemono is perfect and goes with a lot of main dishes, especially fish. Most importantly, it’s only easy and takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
Tsukemono with Shiso
(adapted from justonecookbook.com)
- ½ a head of cabbage, chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 small shiso leaves, julienned
- 2 baby carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tsp. salt (I used table salt)
Order of Operations:
- Add the cabbage, shiso leaves and carrots to a gallon ziptop bag.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of salt and massage the salt into the vegetables.
- Squeeze the air out of the zip top bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
That’s it, only easy!