By Misty I.
November 18, 2020
Can you believe it’s almost Thanksgiving?! Lately, work has been extra challenging and I’m so thankful when my MIL and FIL invite us over for dinner. Last week my MIL made corned beef hash as part of dinner and it was extra tasty. I enjoyed it so much I asked her what was in it. If you make basic corned beef hash like me, this may be a welcome change because she uses two unconventional ingredients. Yup, if you jumped ahead to the ingredients she uses Italian style bread crumbs and it makes the hash taste wicked good! The other is PALM corned beef, not Libby’s corned beef which is what I use.
- 1 can PALM brand corned beef (from NZ)
- 5 smallish potatoes, cooked (we throw our potatoes in the microwave until it’s soft)
- ¼-⅓ C. Progresso Italian Bread crumbs (trust me, it tastes so good!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ C. fresh parsley and/or green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
The Order of Operations:
- Microwave your potatoes until potatoes are almost cooked.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and form into 2” patties.
- Pan fry until golden brown.
- Note: We live in Hilo and ketchup is the condiment of choice with corned beef hash.
That’s it, only easy!