By Misty I.
November 25, 2020
Tomorrow is the big day!! I hope your micro Thanksgiving will be filled with macro amounts of food and love with your family this year.
Please stay safe as Covid-19 numbers are rising everywhere. Listen to our national, state and county officials and do not gather in large groups this weekend. It’s not worth it. I keep reminding myself that none of us knows what the future holds, so I need to be thankful for the present.
This year, I’m thankful for so many things and food is always one of them! I’m making all of my usual Thanksgiving recipes. For the first time though, I will be making a green bean casserole that I see all over social media. In Hawai’i I don’t think this is very popular, but I could be wrong. From what I can tell, I think it’ll take about 5 minutes to make! Haha, only easy fo’ sure!! I hope my family likes it, but hey they like anything made with Club shoyu!
Green Bean Casserole (adapted from www.campbells.com)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ C. milk
- 1 tsp. Club shoyu
- 1 dash black pepper
- 4 C. canned green beans (two (14.5 oz.) cans)
- 1 ⅓ C. French’s fried onions
The Order of Operations
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix soup, milk, shoyu, pepper beans and ⅔ Cup (save the remaining for your topping) fried onions in a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle remaining ⅔ cup of fried onions over the casserole and bake for 5 more minutes.
That’s it, only easy! Happy Thanksgiving!