I love energy bars and like to think they actually give me energy! Ha! Who am I fooling? The type of energy bars I like to make is an excuse to eat marshmallows and peanut butter! This recipe is similar to many energy bars, but as you can see by the picture above I’ve modified it by sprinkling the finished bars with nori komi furikake. Truth be told, I seem to be the only person that likes this furikake version, so if you try it with furikake and like it, let me know!
Misty’s Energy Bars
2 ½ C Rice Krispies cereal
1 C oats
1 10oz. package marshmallows
½ C peanut butter
¼ C butter (I use salted)
¼ C peanuts
½ C cranberries
¼ C pumpkin seeds (optional)
Nori Komi Furikake (optional)
Note: When you look at all of the pictures below, please know that on the day I made these bars I doubled the recipe.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan (I use cooking spray.)
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, peanuts, pumpkin seeds and cranberries, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, peanut butter and butter; melt over low heat until melted.
- Stir cereal mixture into melted marshmallow mixture. Press firmly into prepared pan and cool.
- If using, sprinkle furikake on desired amount of pan and cut into bars.
That’s it! Only easy!