By Misty I.
Baseball season is officially here! The UH Hilo Vulcans had their season opener this weekend at Wong Stadium and had a Vulcan Pride craft station for kids with Spectrum OC16’s Joy Shimabukuro.
Hilo Pony Baseball season has begun as well. That means baseball concession bake sales are in full swing. Our annual tournament was held this weekend at Walter Victor Baseball Complex and I made chocolate haystacks. This recipe is no-bake and only uses two ingredients.
1 package (1 lb. 8 oz.) Almond Bark candy coating (chocolate or white)
1 bag (1lb.) Rold Gold pretzel sticks
- Line 24 muffin tins with muffin liners.
- Break up the almond bark and place in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. I usually microwave for another minute and it’s completely melted (2 minutes total.). Use your discretion, as all microwave ovens are different.
- Break up the pretzel sticks into 1” pieces in a Ziploc. If you want more chocolate coating on your haystacks do not use the entire bag of pretzels.
- Add broken pretzels to melted almond bark taking care that each pretzel is coated.
- Spoon mixture into muffin liners and recruit your baseball player to add sprinkles on each haystack. Haystacks will set and be ready to package in about 30 minutes.
That’s it, only easy!