Only Easy: Zebra Icebox Cake
By Misty I.
Can you feel it? Summerrrr! This is a cool no bake treat that you may enjoy, my family sure does! This recipe is over 80 years old. It has stood the test of time because it’s very easy to make and is scrumptious! It’s also perfect to do with kids, more assembling than anything else.
Thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies (i.e. Tate’s Bake Shop type) May be substituted for the chocolate wafers if you prefer.
Zebra Icebox Cake (aka Nabisco Famous Wafer Cake)
1 ½ C. heavy cream
2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
1 (9 oz.) package Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- Beat heavy cream in a large glass bowl and gradually add confectioners sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Check it by lifting your beater or whisk straight up and make sure the cream holds a sharp peak.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of cream on each cookie and make stacks of three until you’ve used all of the cookies.
- On your serving dish, spread a thin strip of cream and line up cookie stacks upright like the body of a caterpillar. Frost the cookie log with the remaining cream and refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight.
- Cut on the diagonal when serving to show (zebra!) stripes.
- Refrigerate leftovers, but I’m guessing you won’t have any!
That’s it, only easy!