By Misty I.
October 4, 2019
Gosh, I take horrible pictures. This is a yummy dessert though, promise! It’s the perfect mix of salty and sweet. It also happens to be the easiest version of chocolate pretzel pie I can think of. Of course you can make your pudding from scratch and top it with freshly made whipped cream. At our house though, this Jell-O and Cool Whip version happens more often.
Chocolate Pudding Pretzel Pie
2 C. crushed pretzels
¾ C. butter, melted (I use salted)
2 small boxes (3.9 oz.) Jell-O (cook and serve or instant) chocolate pudding
3 ½ – 4 C. whole milk
1 (8-12 oz.) Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush pretzels in a zip top bag.
- Add melted butter and crushed pretzels to a 9” x 13” pan and pat down to make a crust. Don’t dirty an extra bowl for this step, mix directly in the 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Whisk milk and pudding mix until its smooth. Store in refrigerator while crust completely cools.
- After pretzel crust has cooled, add pudding to the pretzel layer.
- Top pudding with Cool Whip.
That’s it, only easy!