By Misty I.
October 9, 2019
My older son Isaac is in high school. Which means he eats pretty much anything I put in front of him for dinner. He’s easy to cook for and enjoys trying new foods.
When he was much younger (perhaps around 2013 like the pic above with his friends Aidan and Ryan) I served this meatloaf one night and he told me how much he liked it. I’ve been making it ever since. It’s especially easy if you already have some leftover cooked bacon. If you have boys perhaps they’ll enjoy it too.
Isaac’s Favorite Meatloaf
2-3 lbs. ground beef (90/10)
1- 2 slices of bread
1 small onion, chopped
4 T. ketchup
¾ C. heavy cream
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
8-10 slices of bacon, cooked (optional)
½ C. apple cider vinegar
½ C. brown sugar (or less)
1 C. ketchup
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Yes, not 350 degrees, but your oven may vary.
- On a sheet pan lined with foil, mix all meatloaf ingredients together (EXCEPT THE BACON) and form into a “loaf.”
- Mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour at 360 degrees.
- 10 minutes before meatloaf is done (at 50 minutes) add cooked bacon to the top of meatloaf to warm through, if using.
That’s it, only easy!