By Misty I.
April 8, 2020
I hope you and your family are continuing to be safe during COVID-19. Cooking simple meals with what I have in my pantry has continued to bring me joy. In the beginning, I found myself only thinking about all the ingredients I wished I had on hand but quickly reframed to look at it as a challenge instead.
One day I was scrolling @saltandlavender ‘s Instagram account and found a recipe for ground beef ramen noodle bowls. I had most of the ingredients in my pantry and decided to try it.
Almost Salt and Lavender’s Beef Ramen Noodle Bowls
- ¾ pound 90/10 ground beef (Natasha uses 1 pound)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (Natasha uses ½ of a red bell pepper)
- 3 T. peanut butter
- 3 T. hoisin sauce
- 1 t. Sriracha sauce (Natasha uses ½ Tablespoon)
- 1 T. shoyu
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 3 packages ramen, seasoning packets discarded.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, fry ground beef. Drain fat.
- Add in the bell pepper, peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha, shoyu, garlic, and ginger to the ground beef and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add all three packages of noodles to the boiling water. Boil ramen for three minutes. Add ½ cup of water from noodles to the sauce to loosen. Drain ramen and add to ground beef mixture and toss.
That’s it, only easy!