By Misty I.
July 15, 2020
I got a CSA box from O.K. Farms a few weeks ago and made some delicious roasted beets for our salad.
- fresh beets, trimmed and washed
- olive oil
- salad ingredients (optional)
- Puna Goat Cheese (optional)
- your fav salad dressing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- After cleaning the beets, loosely wrap them in foil, open side up.
- Roast beets in the middle of the oven for 50-60 minutes, but start checking them for scorching after 40 minutes.
- When cool enough to the touch, peel the skins off and cube the beets.
- Add beet cubes to a sheet pan and massage with olive oil and a generous amount of salt.
- Roast beet cubes for another 30 minutes at 400 degrees until they are done to your liking
- To make a salad, prep desired veggies, break up some Puna goat cheese and top the roasted beets with the cheese and salad dressing.
That’s it, only easy!