By Misty I.
Sept 23, 2020
Call me crazy but I like to watch finance videos on YouTube in my spare time. I know. A few months ago I found Hawaii-raised Aja Dang and I immediately learned a lot about investing, sinking funds, and budgeting. One day I saw she had made a cooking video for sinigang. I’m Filipino but I had never heard of it and was intrigued.
Below is what I did, but I think you should just watch Aja’s video instead!
Sinigang adapted from Aja Dang
- 1-2 packets Knorr Sinigang seasoning packet (I used 1 packet and 8 C. water, but Aja uses 2)
- 2 lbs. of protein/veggies, I used:
- 1 lb. chopped pork
- 3 bunches of bok choy (from my Hawaii Eco farm box!)
- 1 C. tomatoes
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ of a small cabbage, sliced
- 1 bag petite green beans, frozen
The Order of Operations:
- Saute the onions and pork in a large pot until pork is no longer pink.
- Add in water, veggies and seasoning packet(s) to your desired taste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Serve with hot rice.
That’s it, only easy!