Only Easy: Corned Beef Hash
By Misty I.
Corned beef hash patties are a classic. Any self-respecting Okazu-ya shop makes this. I prefer making it myself since I like more corned beef than potato.
My version is pretty basic. If you’ve never made it before, start with this recipe and modify it to your taste. Surprisingly, this is also good enough for a potluck. I just made some for a baseball potluck dinner and there was nothing left. In Hilo, ketchup is the condiment of choice for corned beef hash.
Corned Beef Hash
2 cans Libby’s brand corned beef
4-5 medium russet
4-5 stalks of green onions, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
Pepper to taste
Flour for dredging
- Microwave or boil potatoes until soft.
- Mix in all of the other ingredients.
- Heat oil in a large skillet
- Form into patties and dredge in a little flour
- Fry patties until golden brown and crispy!
That’s it, only easy!