Only Easy: Baked Beans w/ Portuguese Sausage
I never really liked baked beans growing up. Boy, times have changed, I love it now. This is my version based on my Grandma’s recipe. Mine has more bacon.
It goes well with BBQ pork ribs. The recipe can be found here.
Misty’s Baked Beans
- 1 pkg. Portuguese Sausage, diced (Franks Foods mild)
- 1 lb. bacon, sliced in ¼ inch strips (Farmer John)
- 1-2 medium onions, chopped
- 4-5 cans Libby’s Pork and Beans
- 1 c. Ketchup (Heinz)
- 2 T. Yellow prepared mustard
- 2 T. Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry the Portuguese sausage, bacon and onions until crisp. Drain all of the oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the Portuguese sausage, bacon and onion mixture with the pork and beans, ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.
- Pour into a large baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
That’s it, only easy!