By Misty I.
December 4, 2019
Are you feeling it? The time crunch of the holidays? During busy times like this what’s better than a rotisserie chicken waiting in the refrigerator?
This isn’t going to win any cooking contests but it will warm your family up on a weeknight. Few things are as comforting as soup after a rainy afternoon of baseball practice.
10 Minute Mexican Chicken Soup
- 6 C. chicken broth, Swanson reduced sodium
- 4 C. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 2 C. salsa verde, Herdez mild
- 2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper
- optional garnishes: fresh cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips
- Combine first five ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Lower temperature to a simmer for 10 more minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Prep garnishes and serve over hot soup.
- Note: if you have flour tortillas and cheese you could also make some cheese quesadillas and serve it with the soup.
That’s it, only easy!