By Misty I.
May 20, 2020
Ahhh, the humble cranberry oatmeal cookie. My sons actually prefer its blend of oats, brown sugar. and sweet cranberries over chocolate chips cookies. I too love these cranberry oatmeal cookies and have to stop myself from wanting to eat these suckers for breakfast with my coffee! You’ve been warned.
- 1 ¾ (14 Tbsp.) blocks of butter, softened (salted)
- 1 C. sugar
- ¼ C. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 C. flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ C. cranberries (or sub up to 1 C. SS chocolate chips)
- 2 C. old-fashioned or quick oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla to the creamed butter/sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and set aside.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture until combined.
- Add oats and cranberries.
- Scoop batter with a cookie scoop and roll into a ball. Place rolled balls onto a cookie sheet and press down slightly.
- Do not overcrowd the pan, cookies will spread.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving.
That’s it, only easy!