By Misty I.
December 2, 2020
I’m wondering if you are done eating all of your turkey. If you still have about 3 cups left you could make this to use it up!
This dish is based off of the Pioneer Woman’s Simple, Perfect Enchilada recipe. However, I subbed some ingredients so I don’t think mine was as good as Ree’s. Whatevs. I used what I had on hand. Gone are the days of making special trips to the grocery store for a few ingredients. I really missed the cilantro though.
Leftover Turkey Enchiladas
- 2 T. canola oil
- 2 T. flour
- 1 can (29 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 2 C. chicken broth
- 3 C. leftover shredded turkey (or rotisserie chicken)
- ½ of a large can of medium olives, diced and divided
- 3 C. shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
8-10 medium tortillas (I used flour tortillas because that is all I had, PW uses corn tortillas that she fries in hot oil for 10 seconds on both sides prior to assembling the enchiladas. I omitted that step but my flour tortillas were NOT crispy like I was hoping they’d be and didn’t look pretty like her pic.)
- 1 C. green onion and chives, chopped (I would have used CILANTRO but I didn’t have any!)
- Remaining sliced olives
- More cheese if you want
The Order of Operations:
- Add the flour and oil to a medium frying pan and cook for a minute or two. Add in chicken broth and enchilada sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- Dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce and lay on a plate. (If you are using Pioneer Woman’s recipe, fry the corn tortillas first.) Add turkey, olives and cheese and roll up. Place in the pan.
- Keep going until you’ve used up all of your ingredients. Pour at least one cup of the leftover enchilada sauce over all of your enchiladas and top with remaining olives, cheese and green onions. (I poured all of it on and wouldn’t do that again next time.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
That’s it, only easy! Happy Holidays!
Thanks for this recipe so I can use the left over turkey in my freezer.
[…] Only Easy Leftover Turkey Enchiladas […]