By Misty I.
My younger son invited three friends to a sleepover last weekend to do important boy stuff like play Nerf Wars and XBOX. My husband and I cooked breakfast for them the next morning. We served eggs, bacon, rice, waffles and fresh-squeezed tangerine juice from Papa Dennis. As the boys were helping themselves to breakfast, one of them declared “I love bacon!” Everyone agreed. Later that day his mom texted saying that he walked into the house after the sleepover and said “I’m the luckiest person ever…I had bacon for breakfast!” She never makes bacon because she hates the cleanup. I hear you, Erica, I loathe washing greasy pans too! Here is an easier way.
Once you’ve mastered this method you’ll just throw the bacon in the oven and let it rip. After a few tries, you too will have bacon from the oven that’s crispy and delicious! The clean-up is the best part, just carefully fold up the foil and discard. The sheet pan will still be clean!
Note: My oven runs cold, therefore my temperature and cooking time may be different from yours. You will have to experiment 2-3 times.
Misty’s Oven Bacon
2 pkgs. (16oz.) Farmer John Classic bacon
2 pieces heavy-duty foil (MUST be heavy duty or you will be scrubbing grease off of your sheet pan!)
2 half sheet pans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Lay bacon slices on each foil-lined sheet pan (each package should fit on one pan with each slice slightly overlapping.)
3. Bake both sheets for 25 minutes at the same time, but start checking after 21 minutes without opening the oven door.
4. Note: After exactly 25 minutes at 425 degrees, I change my oven setting to “broil” for 2 additional minutes.
5. Immediately remove bacon from sheet pan onto a paper towel lined platter.
That’s it, only easy!