By Misty I.
January 1, 2020
I hope you had an amazing holiday filled with family, friends, and food! Are you already planning for Christmas 2020? Haha…maybe you could make this for your family on Christmas morning 2020. I make it the afternoon of Christmas Eve while I’m prepping millions of other things so that I can finally just relax on Christmas Day!
Only Easy Christmas Morning Casserole
1 lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage, regular (or FF Portuguese Sausage, cubed)
5 large eggs, beaten
2 C. milk
4 green onions, sliced (optional)
½ small onion, chopped (optional)
½ -1 tsp. mustard powder
A dash of shoyu (Club brand)
½ tsp. salt
2 C. (8 oz. bag) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 C. Punalu’u Sweet Bread cubed (or 6 Punalu’u hot dog buns like I used this year. Ha!)
- Fry the sausage until crisp. Drain oil.
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, green onion, onion, mustard powder, shoyu, and salt. Mix in the cheddar and bread cubes.
- Spray a 9” x 13” pan with cooking spray and dump casserole mixture into pan.
- Let sit for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
That’s it, only easy! Happy New Year!