By Misty I.
June 3, 2020
Wanna eat Maebo’s one-ton chips for dinner? Make this Chinese Chicken Salad!
A decade ago, my old principal asked teachers to fill out a form with their fav snack. Mine? Maebo’s One Ton chips of course! So Hilo! On my birthday a few months later my “fav snack” was delivered to my classroom!
Perhaps you already have a Chinese chicken salad dressing recipe, but please try this one. Like me, you may never go back to your old dressing. This is my MIL’s dressing and it’s so good that kids will eat mountains of salad with this dressing. I hope you try it soon!
My MIL’s Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing
- 1 C. salad oil
- ½ C. mayonnaise
- ½ C. white vinegar (I only had apple cider)
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ C. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Coleman’s Dry Mustard (yes it’s pricey, but you CAN’T omit it.)
Important note: I have problems when I double it. According to my MIL’s recipe, all of the other ingredients can be doubled EXCEPT the vinegar and oil. Increase the oil by ¼ C only (for a total of 1 ¼ C.) and leave the vinegar at the original ½ cup, don’t add any more. This is humbug for me to remember so I just make the original amount seen above, it’s more than enough.
- Iceberg lettuce (my MIL uses iceberg, I use whatever)
- Green onions (2-3 stalks)
- Chicken breast, boiled and shredded (Ha! I use Costco rotisserie chicken, only easy!)
- 1 bag Maebo’s One-Ton chips (we don’t mess around and always buy the big bag from Kai Store 🙂
Dressing: Throw everything in a blender!
Salad: see above.
Pour dressing over salad and serve.
That’s it, only easy!