By: Misty I.
July 29, 2020
I made Apple Crisp for the Independence Day holiday weekend a few weeks back. It’s a crowd-pleaser and perfect served while still warm with some vanilla bean ice cream. Most importantly, it isn’t fussy. I don’t bother peeling (more fiber!) and cubing the apples. I simply wash the apples, core and slice thinly, only easy baby!
Only Easy Apple Crisp
- 10 C. (about 3 lbs.) cheap apples ($5 from Costco or Walmart. See pic below of empty apple bag)
- 1 C. white sugar
- 1 T. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ – ½ C. water
- ½ C. butter, melted (I use salted)
- 1 C. oats (old-fashioned, but “quick”will work too)
- 1 C. flour
- 1 C. brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the white sugar, 1 T. flour and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Core and slice apples. Add to the sugar/flour/cinnamon mixture. Add water to the mixture and pour into a 9” x 13” pan.
- Melt the butter in another bowl. Add oats,1 C. flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Add to apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
That’s it, only easy!