By Misty I
August 26, 2020
I recently embarked on a no spend food challenge. It forced me to use what I had in my refrigerator, pantry, and freezer. The real reason behind this was to simply become more disciplined with my monthly food budget and save money.
The first thing I did during the challenge was update my refrigerator, freezer and pantry inventory to see what I had on hand. Although I was primarily concerned with meals, I did find some ingredients to make chocolate mochi in the pantry. This is a great dessert to take to a potluck when we can have get-togethers again.
- 2 C. Mochiko (from 16 oz. box)
- 1 ¾ C. sugar
- 3 T. Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 T. baking soda
- 1 (12oz.) can coconut milk (didn’t use all of my 13.5 oz. can)
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- ¼ C. melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the mochiko, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into sifted dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
That’s it, only easy!