By Misty I.
September 2, 2020
I made it! I did a no-spend challenge at the end of August and I was successful. I made this one Sunday afternoon for lunch and my sons continued to eat it between classes the following week.
Pantry Pizza Pasta
- 1 lb. ziti pasta (cooked 3 minutes less than what box says)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (about 24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ – ¾ C. reserved pasta water (really important or your pasta will be dry after you bake it)
- 1 small pkg. shelf-stable pepperoni
- 2-3 C. shredded cheese, preferably mozzarella but I only had cheddar.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and bell pepper. Add in the spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Boil the pasta in heavily salted water. Boil for only about 5-6 minutes so it’s undercooked.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix. Add pasta water to loosen to your desire.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 pan, top with pepperoni slices and cheese.
- Bake pizza pasta on broil setting to get the cheese bubbly for 2 to 3 minutes. Watch the pasta so it doesn’t burn!
That’s it, only easy!