By Misty I.
November 4, 2020
Need a quick and easy meal? If you have the ingredients on hand, it comes together in 15 minutes for an easy weekday lunch in between zoom meetings. I cheated and used already cooked chicken strips I had from the freezer. Another cheat was already chopped garlic from a bottle that I bought at Costco and used for the first time. I liked the garlic, convenient and economical.
Lemony Tomato Cream Pasta
(adapted from Salmon Lemon Pasta from www.saltandlavender.com)
- 1 lb. fettuccine, cooked al dente
- ½ – 1 lb. of cooked chicken (or more)
- 1 T. chopped garlic
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ C. sundried tomatoes
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 ½ C. heavy cream
- 1 large lemon, zested and squeezed of its juice
- 1 C. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ⅓ C. chopped chives or parsley (optional for garnish)
The Order of Operations
- Cook the pasta al dente (about 7 minutes) in heavily salted water.
- In a large sauté pan combine the already cooked chicken, garlic, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, butter and olive oil and warm everything through.
- Add in the heavy cream and Parmesan. Bring to a slight boil to thicken the sauce.
- Dump cooked pasta (and a little pasta water if desired) into the sauté pan.
- Finish with lemon juice and zest. Mix one more time and add more Parmesan cheese if desired and chives or parsley.
That’s it, only easy!